If you are blogging to help promote a product or service, you need to be consistent to build up your readership and gain a high Google ranking so more people can find you. But how can this be done with all the constant demands of running a business and family obligations? Many are stuck when it comes to setting up a working plan. These tips you can use to get started setting a routine right now!
1) Join a blog challenge that motivates you to blog more. Having that commitment goes a long way in making you come up with new content. Plus, it is an excellent way to connect with others who share your same passions. But remember, one of the main benefits of a blog challenge is the relationships you build with the other bloggers. Make it a two-way street and really connect with others. Know that normally in these challenges more is not always better. It’s better to really connect with several participants and truly engage and get to know them, than go to all of them and just show up.
Another benefit of a blog challenges is you tend to overcome things like writer’s block becoming inspired by their ideas and topics of others. Can you say win/win!
2) Come up with a consistent theme and topics. Not only does it help you in coming up with content, but your readers will look forward to your next postings. When you get in the groove of posting to your blog regularly the ideas start flowing. But note, don’t limit yourself. If you are in the middle of a great blog post and you get an idea for a follow up post, take a moment to jot down your thoughts and save it to a note on your computer.
3) Follow the same pattern or template. Just like you do with article marketing, you can write your blogs in the same format as well and it makes it easier to follow week after week. One of the best things you can do is create a pattern or template for your blog postings. Once you have a layout that works, write each blog post in the same way and it will help your readers have a better time following along and keeping them engaged and wanting to come back for more.
Also, get into the habit with your template of trying to get engagement and comments by offering the same or similar closing to your blog postings requesting comments. Then when your readers see the same comment regularly, it just feels natural, instead of asking them for something new.
Be mindful of the comments too and if they ask you a question, answer promptly and also see if that topics could lead to another blog post right there without any extra thought on your part for topic ideas. Let them know you care by writing more on it.
4) Write on topics of interest to your target audience. You know what your target audience is talking about and thinking by what you see them posting. So write on those topics. If you post on things they want to know more about, they will come back and start to consider you an authority on the topic.
5) Make some postings from your other media you create such as your tips ebook or articles, but add to it. That way you get your content out there and have more postings. Using ebooks or reports you have written in the past to base your blog posts on is a great way to create more content with information you have already researched. Also don’t forget that a part of being a consistent blogger is not always producing written content. Whip up a few videos from your content and post them to your blog for some variety.
We would welcome your thoughts or questions, please comment below.
Until next time, happy marketing, Diana Ennen, Author: VA the Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA and So You Want to be a Work-at-Home Mom; A Christian’s Guide to Starting a Home-Based Business
Those are all good points for blogging. I use them all and they help me when writer’s block threatens. Thanks for the reminders.
Great tips. I didn’t think about using the same pattern or template for my blogs. I will try to find one that works for me and use it regularly. Thank you!
Thanks for sharing. These are very helpful tips. I’m finding the blogging challenge to be a great tip to get the ideas flowing! I also like the idea of using comments as feedback so you know what your audience is interested in.
Diana Ennen says
Thanks! So glad you got found these beneficial. Deb, it really works. So helps to come up with new ideas. Hope you all have a great week! Diana Ennen
Gaynor Paynter says
Hi Diana. You are right. Consistency is so important in all aspects of our work, including blogging. It also helps show potential customers that we are regular and reliable. Gaynor Paynter http://www.typewritetranscription.co.za
Damaria Senne says
The one about blog challenges is especially imrpotant to me. I joined because I wanted to spread my wings beyond readers and bloggers I already knw; make new friends, see how others do it so I could possibly add some new sparkle to my blog. So yes, I’m hoping that there will be new life and friendships beyond the blogging challenge.
I guess I’m on the right track with the Blog Challenge, then. Thank you.
Diana Ennen says
Awesome! I so agree, it sure helps to show our clients that we are on the ball and consistent. Thanks for mentioning that. So looking forward to connecting more Damaria. Friendships are definitely one of the biggest pluses of blogging! Thanks! Diana Ennen