Finding the right virtual assistant niche is a great way to build your virtual assistant business with the best clients for your particular niche. These tips should help.
So what exactly is a niche? Easy, a niche is a target market or industry whose needs fit well with a particular skill set. The great thing about the virtual assistant industry is that the opportunities for matching the right talents with the right niche are tremendous.
Basically having a niche allows you to focus your time and energy on the exact people you want to work with. And the ones that will pay your rates! You will also be able to market best to find the right clients once you are clear on your niche as well. When you aren’t all over the board, your marketing works best.
Here’s a breakdown of numerous Virtual Assistant Niches and the services they provide:
Publicity Virtual Assistants – Marketing VAs – PR VAs (My favorite of course)
- All types of marketing – Really any marketing can be done by a virtual assistant
- Finding the right type of marketing for each individual client (yes it differs!)
- Write and send out press releases and articles
- Help with book promotions and business promotions
- Send out pitches to the media and securing clients on radio shows, TV engagements, mentions in magazines & newspapers, etc.
- Creating professional images
- Finding speaking opportunities for clients to speak at
- Helping them blog and also send out regular newsletters
- Building their brand
Author Assistant Virtual Assistants – Authors are an excellent source of work for VAs.
- Editing – Proofreading
- Typing of manuscripts
- PR and marketing – selling their books as well as selling the author’s services, especially for business books
- Ebook and book creation (typesetting too)
- Social media marketing
- Landing speaking opportunities and more
- Getting them set up on Amazon
- Publishing assistance (self-published or published).
Speakers and Coaches – They have very similar roles so often virtual assistants target them both.
- PR and marketing – article and press release writing and submissions, brand marketing, event promotions, etc.
- Teleseminars – from scheduling to promoting and marketing and being instrumental in having them run successfully, a VA can assist with every aspect.
- Websites – Creating websites and maintenance, blog assistance & more
- Social media marketing – getting them visible and keeping them visible
- Consulting and brainstorming on creating courses, ebooks, etc.
- Finding speaking opportunities & everything involved in making sure these opportunities go off without a hitch
- Administrative – emails, calendar assistance, document preparation, etc.
Real Estate Virtual Assistants – The real estate industry is huge now. Long forgotten is the big crash of yesterday. Now it’s thriving.
- Design ads / Social media images, etc.
- Verify and setup appointments with buyers and sellers and calendar management – Keep track of the calendar for busy agents
- Prepare and proofread documents and various paperwork
- Update listings
- Respond to email inquires
- Administrative tasks
- Listing Coordination / Transaction Coordination
- Marketing – Everything from research to sending out press releases and pitches
- Website Creating & Maintenance
- Social Media Marketing
- Content and Blog Writing
- Video assistance
- You name it, you can do it.
Bookkeeping Virtual Assistants – Truly a best friend to many especially this time of year!
- Bank Reconciliation & Reconciling Credit Card Statements
- Client Invoicing (huge help for businesses)
- Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Keeping books on a monthly basis and reporting findings to clients.
- Year-end tax assistance & tax preparation
- Quarterly taxes
- QuickBooks Assistance
- Any and all accounting services.
Event planning virtual assistants – The key to a successful meeting is planning and careful attention to every detail.
- From planning the event to more advanced things such as getting sponsors, etc.
- Finding venue or coordinating with speakers, hosts, & those coming to the event. Often times reduced rates on rooms come into play. Be on top of that and also make sure all attendees are well aware of this in advance.
- Travel arrangements. Can you imagine a mistake here and the host of the event doesn’t arrive in time. (BAD, very bad)
- Technical work. Too much to even name here, but it’s a lot. You want the speakers to sound great and also be able to show their slides if they have them, video, etc. You want it all to run like a well-oiled machine.
- Front desk support. Registering attendees, etc.
- So many more, but you get the drift.
Social Media Virtual Assistant – With all the constant changes in social media today, they can be so instrumental.
- Providing expertise on the latest changes
- Creating content and posting content
- Creating social media images
- Blogging – writing, setting up, etc.
- Updating profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Connecting with followers and finding new followers
- Hashtag assistance
- Setting up and running paid advertising across all social media platforms
- Reporting – very important, what’s working, what’s not.
Transcription Virtual Assistants – Still much in demand today.
- Transcribing seminars, podcasts, etc. Huge help for speakers, coaches, etc.
- Medical transcription
- Legal transcription
- General transcription
Writing Virtual Assistants
- Blog writing
- Social media updates
- Article writing
- Press Release writing
- Newsletter Writing
- Web Copy
- And so much more.
Also, note often times niches overlap. You can have several niches, just make sure you rock at them all. If you’re interested in learning more about virtual assistant niches, let’s chat! Mention this article and get in on my buy one, get one free coaching call special. Qvnan@iveghnyjbeqchoyvfuvat.pbz