Who’s ready to get back into marketing their business? It’s time to get busy and there’s no better way than with tips from a pro, like me! Here are some of my best tips to market your business and build your brand.
Marketing Tips 101
- Define your business. In order to do this, you must know and understand who you are and who your clients are. Then you get to talk their language with all your marketing.
- Make sure your “brand” is fully developed. Take a minute here. If people were to ask what you do, what would you tell them? This should come off your lips as fast as ice cream melts in the hot summer sun in S. Florida.
- Create a complete “Marketing Plan.” This is a plan that you will follow. Nothing fancy, just some good old fashioned ideas that makes your company stand out among the competition and brings those clients and cash (cha ching!)
- Become an expert and use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube, etc.) to prove you are a rock star. Don’t boost, just provide great tips that show you know your stuff. Also, be mindful of postings that are inadvertent brags. Most see right through those.
- Use images that show you as the supreme entrepreneur! Don’t just put an image out there to have new content. Review those images and make them reflect the real you – you know the professional that will make other businesses shine when they work with you.
- Network, Network, Network! Hi Ho, Hi ho, a networking we go. – Online, offline, here an event, there an event, everywhere an event …. Okay, a little corny, but you get my drift. Get out there and have some fun. Network and meet new people, whether online or in person that can be your clients, refer clients to you, or just build relationships with.
- Get involved in “virtual events” or host your own. These are often events where 5 or more entrepreneurs get together with a common theme and share what makes them awesome. It’s great because not only do you get to connect with these entrepreneurs and build relationships, but you also get introduced to their tribe. Win/win. Just go in knowing that it takes time to promote. Many a virtual event has not succeeded because no one took the time to talk about it. The more you do, the better your results.
- “Pitch” the media…and do it right! Write articles on your expertise. How to articles work best. Then create Cision databases and send them out. Then announce on your social media when accepted. Don’t have Cision? No problem, email me and let’s see what we can do.
These tips should help. Also, if you are interested in learning how to market like a pro, consider our latest PR Success Series – www.prsuccessseries.com. It is 4 webinars, one on marketing like a pro, one on blogging, one on press releases, and one on pitching. And for a very short time, these are available for $97.00.